Tuesday 8 October 2013

Cat Midwifery

The kittens came when I was at Verity's alone.  Alexis was meowing and sorting out her nest, but I didn't think twice.  When I went back upstairs, the kittens had arrived.  I did a quick head count, popped up to the attic to find a box, put all the cats in, and rang Verity at work, "There are kittens."  

Verity could not ditch work early, so I was given instruction to check for contraction and keep the room warm.

There was a dead kitten, and it was full to term.  The kitten seemed to have a deformed foot, and died of injuries.  Perhaps Alexis killed him at birth to spare him from further misery.  We would never know if he was born alive.

Four healthy kittens, two boys and two girls, what more do you want?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.