Friday 17 July 2020

West Coast Grand Tour Day 1 - Morecambe

Our long awaited holiday is finally here.  The weather was meant to be good, but it was rainy windy morning as we made our way cross the Pennine.  It was horrendous on the motorbike.

We made a stop at Rivington to break up the journey.  When I got there, I was cold and kept my jacket on for the walk.  We walked straight up the tower, that's when I realised the jacket was a bad idea...  Up at the tower, it was covered in mists, there was no view for the hard work.  It took me a long time to recover, I was just back to normal when we made back to the car.

After Rivington, we made our way to Morecambe.  I made a stop at Edmondsons for some potted shrimp before parking up.  We were relatively early, so we checked in, then walked to pick up the groceries.  The neigbourhood was interesting.  We even had time to walk up and down the promenade before making dinner.  After dinner, we even brought a tea to sit at the beach to listen to the sea, not a bad day.

Morecambe

Morecambe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.