Sunday 29 June 2014

Alison Riske

Carol and I first saw Riske in Birmingham AGEON Classic.  She was playing mostly ITF, but trying out some WTA matches.

Riske was going to Vanderbilt like her sister Sarah, but she went pro instead.  I remember taking some yearbook pictures from the teams, including tennis team with Sarah.  So I am probably 2 or 3 degree separated from Alison.

I remember commented about how she had the shadow of Dementieva.  I thought about getting a picture with her, but one way or the other, we didn't get it.

A few years on, she made into 3rd round in the Wimbledon.  I am very happy for her.  She played some nice shots, but I wonder if she is suitable to play full western style.

If Carol is coming to England as planned, we hope to see her in either Birmingham or Eastbourne.  We will definitely try to catch her this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.