Friday 6 November 2015

Bike is Better

On a wet November night, I was glad to drive home from work, at first.  It was not long before I was met with a long tailback.  Unbeknownst to me what went wrong, I took a different route.  I went onto M1, and aiming to get on A64, before I was met with the police blocking off A64 due to an accident.  Instead of turning back onto M1 to Thorner, I travel further south, and come home via Crossgate.  When I got near Leeds, there were more tailbacks.  The signs read Bonfire Night expect delay.

After 70 minutes in the car, I had thought to abandon the car, but I made it to a Tesco to kill some time.  I lost the will to drive the final 1 mile.  The shopping was quite fruitful, and after the rest stop, it only took 10 minutes to travel the final mile, as compare to 20 minutes it would take if I had not taken a break.

If I was on a bike, I would have zip past all the traffic, and I would be home at nearly normal time.  I shall remember the Bonfire night delay next year.  I must also equip the car with emergency food supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.