Thursday 3 December 2015

Aerial and Signals

I am trying to work out the complex cable network in my house, and I cannot get any signals.  How can an aerial stop working?  It is just a piece of metal picking up the waves and a piece of copper taking it into the room.  Everyone said even if I point at the wrong direction, I should still get some signal.


I thought I would ask the telephone man Rob.  He asked if the cable is incorrectly terminated, ie signal earthed.  Which I checked and should not be the case.  He reminded me how the signal went digital, and the analogue booster probably does not have 3/4G filter, which severely interfere with the signal.  Rob kindly volunteer to bring in his digital booster for me to try.  Let see if I can get to the bottom of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.