Friday 22 January 2016

Diesel Particulate Filter

My PDF warning light came on, I was quite displeased.  I was warned for my purpose, I should not be getting a diesel, due to the short distance.  My relatively short distance drive is relatively steady and can sufficiently warm up the engine.  In additional to my weekend long haul driving, I was confident to keep the exhaust clean.


I now suspect the cold snap contributed to this fault.  On the cold days, I was not able to bring my engine up to temperature.  And it did not help when I did not do any long haul driving for weeks. 


As soon as the light came on, I did what Andy suggested, a high rev flush, and the light later disappeared.  Lets hope this weekend's drives will clear it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.