Sunday 13 November 2016

Birmingham Delights

We first went to Minmin for a light lunch.  Then we caught up with AVEN at the Malt House. The Malt House had some problem with their beer pump, and my cider was horrible until they went to another line to get me a new one.

Then we went to see the Staffordshire Hoard at the Birmingham Museum.  Birmingham Museum is very similar to Liverpool's Walker Art Gallery, which is my favourite art gallery.  I wish I had more time in the Birmingham Museum.

Before dusk, we rushed to the 'new' Birmingham Library to check out the roof top garden.



If you ask any Chinese person, they will tell you the building is covered by 'coins'.

The garden was nice, and the library was quite impressive.

We went back to the Malt House.  They managed to mass up my drink order again.  I wanted Fentimans  Ginger Beer, they were out, so they offered me Crabbe (alcoholic) Ginger Beer instead.  Sarah had to give it away.

We left the group and went to look for dinner back in Chinatown.  Sarah wanted vegetable, so I suggested to have hot pot at Han Dynasty.  The price was okay, the selection was okay, the meat selection was a bit small.  I had to speak Mandarin, otherwise, everything was okay.

It was a fulfilling day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.