Wednesday 3 May 2017

GSXR SRAD Ignition Coils

I learnt from my maintenance class that the ignition coils in motorcyle is a low voltage, individual coil, ie stick coil and the misfiring maybe related to them.

So I tool them out to measure their resistances.  The primary resistance should be 0.07-0.11 ohms and
the secondary should be 4.5-6.9 K-ohms.  The readings changed a lot when I measured them hot and cold.  Then the readings when cold was still a bit out, then I realise my shitty multimeter is not very accurate and my shitty leads are giving a high initial resistance readings.  So I concluded the readings were fine.

Then I start looking for signs of damage and overheating.  The contacts were clean, but there is slight discolouration on the shank.  So I decided to replace them, lets hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.