Friday 1 December 2017

Snowy York Staycation

After chores, we finally set off for our staycation in Yorkshire.  First stop was at The Sidings in York.  When we got near York, it started snowing, heavily!  We worried about it when we booked it that the train carriages will be cold, and we were not wrong...  The room was centrally heated and they supplied a spare electric heater, we turned that on right the way.

Sarah and I did some train spotting, knitting, reading, and we headed for dinner, it was Greek style dinner.  Sarah had the dips platter, and I tried, I never liked it.  I had a sodium loaded garlic mushroom.  I first opted for Greek pork, but it turned up with orzo with feta, so I swapped with Sarah's sodium loaded beef in peppercorn sauce.

Sarah really enjoyed it, I suspect we will be back for a day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.