Monday 7 May 2018

St George's Mushroom

When Sarah told me last week that there were some mushrooms in a ring form in the garden, I immediately said they must be St George's, as they came out around St George's day!  I heard about them on the television programme and I was very excited.

Sarah was sceptical.  I found another two mushroom foraging programme on YouTube to confirm the description.  I thought I would leave them another week to let them grow a bit.

Then Sarah told me they mowed the whole thing down!  We went and inspected, there were hardly any signs on the mushrooms!  I checked on a partial mushroom, and it matches with all the description.  Damn it, I should have had them last week!  I must keep my eye peels next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.