Sunday 12 April 2020

Deli's Hot Cross Bun

We rode to Thorner to check out Post Box Deli.  Sarah had hot cross buns on her mind.   It happened again,  as soon as I walked in an empty shop, queue started forming, and I feel pressured to be quick.  I did not get to study the products in the fridge, neither were they well labelled.  I asked for some hot cross buns and pork pies and left, I didn't even get a receipt.

I don't eat hot cross buns, so I cannot tell if they were good.  Sarah tried to describe, but I would not understand, they were bigger, and prettier than the ones from Sainsbury's, but those from Sainsbury's looked worse than normal.  Only after I checked the bank statement and found out they cost £2, for 4 buns!  Compare with Sainsbury's and Tesco's 85p for 6, even the "Extra Special" supermarket ones are 4 for £1, so these "family bakery" ones better be good!

I looked up where Post Box Deli got their bread, I think they got them from Orton's "Family Bakers" in LS9, except Orton's is actually not Orton's anymore, as they sold up a couple years ago.  Strange times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.