Saturday 2 May 2020

Plasma "Donation"

Once upon a time, when I was at Vanderbilt, my friend would be very happy having just come back from "donating" plasma, of which she also gets money from the process.

I always think American's private hospitals have their own plasma and blood bank, and since then the industry has expanded.

I just saw a BigThink video, claiming it is an industry that is large but remain largely unspoken of.  I heard of it from my friend, way back when.  On a similar token, I have also heard of eggs "donation".

I didn't see a problem with plasma "donation", and I still don't see a problem now.  If there is a large medical service relying on the plasma, we should definitely satisfy the needs domestically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.