Wednesday 29 September 2021

Power Bank

Once upon time, we carry a second battery for our mobile devices.  For the last 15 years, people have been moving to power banks.  All the batteries on small devices give ratings in milliAmp Hours, mAh.

We had a free power bank, its rating was not properly marked, I assume it is about 1000mAh @ 5V, which is 1Ah @ 5V = 5Wh.

I bought a new one from Amazon, it was advertised as 10400mAh, and turned out to be 1400mAh.  This is the definition of mis-advertisement!  False advertisement even.

I thought I would utilise my old solar panel, so I rigged it up with a 17Ah battery as the reservoir, which is 17000mAh at 12V, which is 204Wh!  I am going to charge everything with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.