Wednesday 6 July 2022

Wales Grand Tour - Day 10

So we went to The Wool and Willow Festival in Llanidloes.  We also pickup lunch from the town.  I got a cooked ham hock from the butcher, and Sarah got some smoked Caerphilly cheese.

One last Cadw Dolforwyn Castle before we leave Wales.  It was a long walk up the hill, I am glad I didn't stop there when I was on the bike, I would not be able to hike up in all my bike gear.

Then we returned to England, Shrewsbury.  We checked into the B&B and walked in town to explore.  It was a busy Saturday shopping day, we had a look at the Abbey, the castle, the Library formerly Shrewsbury School where Darwin was educated, River Severn numerous times.

By then we were tired from the travel and the Sun, and most things shut at 4pm, so we went back, thinking Shrewsbury done.  Then the landlady told us about the Quarry and the Dingle.

In the evening, I finished off the ham hock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.