Monday 16 September 2024

Thorpe Park

To continue the story, the entrance was fully of barriers to make you walk around, so you don't feel like you are queuing, I call this "Heathrow Experience".  We went through bag check and into Thorpe Park as it opens, most of the rides were not yet open.  

I went to the first one that was open, Stealth: 0-80mph in 1.8 seconds.  Because Sarah did not go with me, so I was a lone rider, I even jumped to the front to fill an empty space.  Its magnitude did not dawn on me until I was strapped down.  It was fast, it was scary, and it all ended very quickly.

After that, it was a bit of a daze!

Rush: giant swing is a modern version of the pirate ship, except scarier.  I cheated, by closing my eyes.  I hate pirate ship!

The Swarm: a winged coaster was actually very smooth, very nice.  As I described it, imagine being on Julie's motorbike, fast, smooth, sweeping bends.

The Saw's queue was too long, so I passed the first time around.  The screaming from the riders were not encouraging.

Colossus: world's first 10 looping coaster, in comparison is an old clunky coaster, it was fine, but it has too many corkscrew spins.

Mr Monkey's Banana Ride is a child's size pirate boat, which I just about to tolerate.

We weren't initially planning to get wet before lunch, but we walked past Storm Surge: spinning life raft, and we went for it.  Sarah's rain coat protected her from most of it, and I got a little wet.  The water was still quite clean in the morning. 

High Striker: child's size drop ride was just around the corner, so we forced ourselves on the ride as the operator wanting to get off to his lunch, I swore it was a shorter ride than the children before us.

We nipped to our car for lunch, changed into our wet gear, in preparation of the afternoon wet rides.

Quantum: magic carpet was just by the entrance, we so went on it just after our lunch, thinking maybe we needed something calmer just after lunch.

Sunset Cinema was showing a 4D race car short clip, so we went and sit down for a little bit, there was a bit of chair shaking and air jet spraying.

When we got to Dobble Tea Party, we were the only two in the tea cup, it was a bit too spinney to my liking.

Big Easy Bumpers were very calm dodgem, sparks no longer fly around. 

Most of the roller coasters' queue are getting long.  We queued up for The Walking Dead: indoor roller coaster.  

And Ghost Train: actors in the tube train, much like the real tube experience!  At the end of a tube ride, do we still have a soul?

Nemesis Inferno also came with the Heathrow Experience, and it was also a bit old and clunky.

After that, Sarah was ready for more roller coaster, so we went on Colossus and the Swarm.

The Saw's queue had died down, so we went for it.  It is like a smaller version of the Stealth, with the added thrill of part of it in the dark.

We have ruled out Hyperia, queue too long, and we might not have the stomach for; Samurai, Vortex, Zodias as we don't like to be spun; and detonator that we don't like to be dropped. 

It also started raining, we were ready for the wet rides.  Flying Fish junior coaster was a bit clunky, and we were on the coaster for 5 laps, we got quite wet!

Depth Charge: super slide actually wasn't wet as we imagined them to be, I slid a lot further than Sarah did.

Tidal Wave promised to drench us and it delivered, I had not been this soak for a long time.

Just as the park closes, we squeezed onto another Storm Surge ride, by now, the rafts are full of water at the bottom, that also got my feet wet!

I left the park shivering...  It was a very accomplishing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.