Friday, 11 September 2026

Slough Day 4 - Thorpe Park

We were excited about going back to Thorpe Park, and we had all the strategy worked out.

It was also quite quiet like Legoland, but very few small children in sight.  We went straight onto the first open ride like last time, this time was Colossus, which is good, set the bar low.  It was as clunky as we remembered it.  Then we walked onto The Saw, also with minimal queuing, it was so much smoother!  Followed by Nemesis Inferno, which was smoother than I remembered.

We put in a few small rides, and onto the water ride, before the bottom of the boat is flooded.  The 4d cinema was showing the same movie, so there were no surprise there, neither of us remembered one of the tactile element, maybe it wasn't working last time.  

The queue was a little shorter, some 35 minutes, for Hyperia just before lunch, so we went for it, it was one engineering marvel!  I would go on again if it wasn't for the queuing.

We went to lunch and came back in.  We went the ghost train, I don't know why we want to go to spend time in a dodgy train and dodgy train station, who knows.  We were getting tired and the roller coasters are getting less fun.  We went back onto the water ride, and as expected, the bottom of the boat was flooded.

I went onto bumper cars and Tidal Waves, 4 times, on my own.  I was very soaked at the end!

I did get a quick change before headed back to the car for further change.  We nipped to a Lidl, not knowing the car park was not free, that's London for ya.  We went straight in and straight out, I think we were lucky that they actually have unpublished grace period, phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.