Friday 21 November 2014

A Very Bad Day

I have not been sleeping well for the last two days.

I still have no completion date.  Then I got on the phone, the horrible vendor decided he can no longer complete in Nov, even though he said he could complete in Nov on Monday.  I was furious, I was visibly shaking.

I worked through lunch, as we were in training today.  Then the scissor lift ran out of battery.

I went to swim anyway, when I came out, little Rome was on her side.  I was crossed, same kids came to help me lift.  My foot peg has been snapped off and I could not use the gear.  I had to call RAC out.

I thought I would take little Rome to Gary, and he can weld it tomorrow, and she could run tomorrow.  But RAC wanted to charge a fortune to tow it over there, so I asked for it to tow to Harrogate instead.

Then I popped into the pool again, as the kids suggested, to ask for CCTV, then as it turned out, the lady reversed to my bike left her number, so I rang her.  As soon as she picked up the phone, she said, "I couldn't see the bike, neither could my two companion."  The bike was parked next to a street light!  With a silver cover! "Did you not see it when you walk to the car?"  "No".  I was not going to insist on a helmet, and I told her functionally, it should only be 1 thing, and it shouldn't be a fortune.

I have to reschedule my engagement in the pub.

RAC told me it would take 2 hours, so I was going to sit down to have some dinner, but as soon as I got to the pub, tow bed had arrived, so I walked back.

I checked over little Rome again once I got home, the crash bobbin took most of the hit.  There are scuffs on the tail fairing and the grab bar.  I won't be insisting on a fairing paint.

On the other hand, I will probably get the bit test ride little Rome to make sure there is nothing else outstanding before confirming the cost.

One very bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.