Monday 22 June 2015

Isle Grand Tour: Day 9

I always wanted to see the Burghley House, so I suggested this stop.  Coincidentally, the Rolls Royces show was on and a food market was on, so we were sufficiently entertained without going into the house.  I would still like to go into the house in the future.

Then I suggested to go to Cambridge, which was kind of in the same direction.  This time, we went on a punt.  It was a busy Sunday, and the river was full of punt.  It was not long since we left the carpark and walked towards town, we were stopped by Punting tour operators soliciting boat ride.  We ended up getting a decent deal.

We got on a small boat, right at the front, but since we were too far from the guide, we did not hear much what he had to say.  It was quite a relaxing boat trip.

I took Carol and Stef to Feast of India, I don't think they enjoyed Indian food much, but at least it was an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.