Wednesday 18 May 2016

Automatic Car Washes

I have been meaning to wash my car.  I meant to take the car to an automatic car wash, specifically IMO.  I have seen IMO in Harrogate and many expensive cars use it.  But I am very disappointed when the Leicester Abbey Lane branch was closed.  I was misled to believe the IMO was open by both the IMO website and Google images.  I tried to locate it twice, and only to confirm it was closed. 


Sarah had some hearsay bad experience with automatic car wash back in the 80s, and Rachel said she had some marks from her previous supermarket automatic car wash.  But I am not deterred, I still consider it the best option.


When I stopped for fuel in Sainsbury, I thought to try their automatic car wash.  In additional to automatic car wash uses less water than traditional car wash.  Their automatic car wash is supplied by Wilcomatic, which is a British company.  Sainsbury is another British tax-paying company.  The fee went through the books properly.  This is definitely the best option.


It took the machine 3 minute to complete the Express cycle.  After the car wash, I had a walk around.  The car was definitely cleaner.  In IMO, I think drying is part of the service, but I did not bother to dry it, I only dried the mirror and let the car air dry.  In hindsight, I should have dried the car, as the wax could dry unevenly, which could be the marks on Rachel's car.


Let see if I can find the IMO in Leeds later this year for the next car wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.