Tuesday 31 May 2016

First of the Year Yorkshire Dales Ride

I was originally booked into Malham, but I had to cancel because little Rome's electric was playing up and I was not sure if I would get her back in time.

I thought I would take the opportunity to use my new Bell helmet, and wore my red jacket to match.  The forecast was good, but it simply was not good enough...  I was very cold all morning.

I joined Dave's Yorkshire run, met them at Leyburn Manor Cafe just when they were leaving.  I was hoping for a hot drink to warm up, but I only had time for a quick toilet break.  I was delayed as they were loads of horses, and horse-drawn carriages on the road!  There were also a lot of police presence in the Dales.

Then we went to Tan Hill for lunch.  Only then the sun came out and I slowly warm up.  The Sunday roast was nice, besides the fact I nearly was served a lamb roast instead.  There were lambs and sheep running around as we ate outside, they bleated, "who is eating my mother?"

We dropped down to Devil's Bridge, it was very busy.  It was so busy that the cops came by and moved the illegally parked bikes.  Then we went up to Ribblehead viaduct.

Ribblehead Viaduct

Then we dropped down to Settle, where I took this dreamy selfie.  I think it may have to do with the new protective cover?


Finally we got to Malham, where I stopped and said hi to everyone.  And managed to stay for free dinner.

A few of us popped over to see White Scar Cove.  It will always look distorted regardless what cameras you use.

White Scar Cove, Malham

Dave and I went back to Leeds, by then the clouds had come in and I was cold again.  Very very cold.  I will try not to make the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.