Monday 3 February 2020

Sourdough Attempt in Breadmaker II

On the second attempt, I made some adjustment to make the dough dryer.  I was using the scale for the fast acting yeast, and I was planning to add 3 grams to help the rise, because 3 grams looked like a lot, so I stopped short at 2 grams.

After the mixing and the first rise, when I was checking up on the dough, it was clearly too dry.  After some consideration, I jumped in and made some last minute changed.  I concluded it was a little dry and insufficient lift.  I added a little water and another 2 grams of yeast, put it back in the bread machine.  But even the bread machine motor was struggling, so I hand kneaded it.

I also manually proved it, and I let the bread machine do the final baking.  We were both pleasantly surprised by the result.  So my final adjusted recipe is:

360g strong white flour
360g 50% starter
3 grams yeast (no short measure)
2 table spoons oil
50g water
8g salt
8g sugar
Panasonic Basic White Large

But I am not sure I need this again, as Sarah said I should wind down my experiment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.