Sunday 4 October 2020

Brown Flour

I was happy that we had white bread flour and bran at home, surely we can make bread of any brownness.  

Whilst we were in the shop, we picked up some brown flour, next to it, there were some wholewheat flour.  The only difference in the ingredience if that wholewheat bag did not seem to be fortified, I thought it was the law.

Confused, we bought one of each.  When we got home, we search for the answer, but I think it means brown is between wholewheat and white, but still with bits in.  And most of those bits are bran!  So I am right all along that I could make any brownness bread with my flour and bran.  I don't think we can tell the difference looking at the flour when we do come to look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.