Thursday 15 October 2020

The Great East Run Tour Day 4 - Lincolnshire

On our way home, we made Mountain's Abbey Parks out quick pit stop.  There were at least five "farm shops" on the short stretch of A17.  Sarah asked me what a Chine was, and I was able to tell her it was a Lincolnshire cut of pork. 

We picked up the three "treasures" of Lincolnshire, sausages, potatoes and flour.

I was prepared to hate the Lincolnshire sausages, and I did.  It wasn't so much as the sage, but the lack of meat in "traditional recipe" that bothered me more.

The potatoes were not that brilliant, good news is that they were not overpriced, bad news is that I now have 7kg to go thorough.

After the positive experience with Tuxford Mill, I paid over the odd for these Maud Foster flour.  I hope they don't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.