Saturday 23 July 2016

Homemade Mochi

Sarah likes mochi, and I said I find the factory made one quite sweet and artificial.  I searched online and found another Christine's recipe.  I have never made mochi before, as I usually just make rice dumplings in soup, I have plenty of experience with glutinous rice.

At the Chinese supermarket, there were some mochi on offer, Sarah bought some for stock.  We got the basic ingredients and have to make a few changes to Christine's.  Sarah has not got a big wok to accommodate a plate, so we have to use a small steamer.  Red bean paste all comes in a big bag, since we have a load of tahini, and I thought we just make sweeten sesame paste.


The end result was quite good.  I still think it is a lot of hassle, so I may just take a short cut and make rice dumplings instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.