Tuesday 19 July 2016

Waitrose Angus Flat Iron Steak

Flat iron was the steak we had on Amtrak.  I was not convince they would be good when I saw it on television, but I was converted.

I stopped at Waitrose enroute back from Rockingham.  When I walked past the meat counter, I was drawn to the flat iron's offer!  It was 66% off!  And the butcher behind the counter was pushing to sell me both steaks saying they can be frozen.  I opted for the bigger steak and Sarah was not prepared to have a big steak dinner, so we ended up slicing some of it for stirfry.  The steak was quite thick and I should have butterflied it.  So we ended up having to cooked it three time as each time they were still too rare.

I must keep my eyes peel for brilliant offer like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.