Tuesday 2 August 2016

Lindisfarne Extended

I checked with National Holidays once on the phone regarding how much time would have on Lindisfarne, they said 1.5 hours.

GEDC0015

I checked the tide times, with three different sources, all concurred that was not possible.  I was not going to spoil everyone's holiday, I left it for the driver to do it.  I just checked with the driver about the 'plan', which he just repeated confidently what their office told him as above.  So we got to Lindisfarne, everyone dissipated from the carpark, and the tide came in.  The driver has to break the bad news to those came back to check on the departure time.  We ended up spending 5 hours on the island! 

IMG_0012

We had a fairly in-depth of Lindisfarne. We walked to the castle then back, walked around the village, saw the Priory, had lunch then back, walked to the north cliff/cove then back, then ended up at Pilgrims Coffee.  They are very friendly, the coffee was not the most interesting.
IMG_0023

Sarah found a child-friendly postcard and posted it, hoping it will have a Lindisfarne postmark.  The mead was quite nice besides I just will never get around to drinking them.  I didn't try a crab sandwich, I was not convince it would be much nicer or fresher than the one from Whitby.

IMG_0018

We finally left the island about 4pm, before the causeway was fully receded!  The driver was complaining about he had to wash the salt off before, and he was likely to have to do it again this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.