Sunday 2 September 2018

Shetland and Orkney Grand tour Day -1

In order to go to Shetland and Orkney, we are taking the ferry from Aberdeen. I have to make my way from Leeds. Our breaking is at Edinburgh, which still breaches my one tank rule.
I took A68 most of my way. I made a stop at Aydon Castle. It is a fairly in tact 'castle' with a lot of history in the 'borders'. Their apple trees were fruiting nicely, they also tasted nice :-)
 

Then I took A7 on the final approach towards Edinburgh. Compare with A68, A7 has loads of bends, it would be nice if I hasn't already been on the bike for 3 hours with loads of luggage!

Consider it was a Saturday, the amount of traffic jam and road works in Edinburgh was very irritating!  By the time I got in, I had no energy to see the National museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.