Wednesday 12 September 2018

Shetland and Orkney Grand tour Day 8 + 1

We are back in Aberdeen and we has a quick drive around in Aberdeen.

Aberdeen



Then we meet again in Arbroath for lunch.  I took the A92 scenic coastal route.  It was for the better, it was windy and the road is slower.  I finally get to try the Arbroath Smokies, aka hot smoked Haddock. We had it fresh off the barrel.



Then we meet again in Edinburgh!  It was very gusty after I left Arbroath!  I also crossed both Tay Bridge and Queensferry Bridge.  I picked Sarah up from Haymarket, and spent 20 minutes to travel the 1.5 miles due to road works and traffic jams.  Horrendous.


After a rest and a sugar boost, I caught up with my old friend from Vanderbilt.  We spent some time talking about life as expat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.