Wednesday 5 September 2018

Shetland and Orkney Grand tour Day 2

Just when I thought I can't clock more mileage on in these Isles, we managed another long day.  We left Unst promptly after breakfast, drove right thorough Yell and get back to the mainland.  We were slightly ahead of schedule.



Unst



Whilst we were on the ferries, I investigated the squeaking noise and found my brake fluid low.  I devised a plan to sort it with the minimal disruption to the plan. I asked the Brae garage to help as I filled up.



When we stopped for lunch, the delay at the restaurant set our schedule back! We went to Tangwick as intended, and it was an extremely scenic ride.


Shetland Mainland


We found Twatt then went on another scenic ride to Tingwall, and by then we were knackered!  We went to hostel via the Textile museum and the Jamie's on wool shop.
Twatt Shetland

Shetland Mainland
We saw the Clickimin Brock on foot before going to Fjarå Café, as features on Food Programme. Broch Clickimin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.