Friday 1 September 2017

Germany Tour 2017 - Day 5

The final day of our trip and we did not have much on the agenda.  We went to look for breakfast, and the muesli from the supermarket was expensive.  I insisted in stopping to see what German McDonald's has to offer, and they do a muesli with yogurt, which was very acceptable.  I tried the McToastie, which was disappointing.


We packed and check out.  We wandered back to Altstadt, wandered around the Market and had another Schweine Jane Scheinehaxe.  I would even say Ham Ham's was better!Schweine Jane

We stopped at a bakery for some cake. It looks better than it tasted... We should have went for something more German.
1DSCF9158

Fearing for delay and choices of dinner, we went to Aldi and bought some salad.  The Aldi has a bread vending machine!!!  We got our luggage and headed to the airport.


We arrived fairly early and we checked in Sarah's luggage. We had so much time in hand, we decided to ride on the Skytrain back and forth. Then we walked around all the shops to find a supermarket in the terminal. I bought some marked down rice! When we went thorough security and they stopped me for the dense organic masses in my bag!


I sent Sarah to her terminal and proceeded to mine. Our security clearance queue was moving very slow! And a Chinese woman was holding up the queue, there seemed to be a problem, so I went forward to help. The immigration officer simply refused to speak English, and her passport did not have an entry stamp. At the end, he went to the back office to stamped her in and stamped her out. We sat at the terminal and chatted. She wanted me buy me dinner and I said no. At the end, she gave me a jade charm, which I accepted.


We landed in Leeds, and the landing was a little rough, as evidenced by two overhead compartments popped open. We taxied very quicked to parking location, but we had to wait another 20 minutes before we can get a shuttle bus. By that stage, I knew I would not make the bus into town. I called for taxi quote, and prepare myself to part with £20!


I went thorough immigration without much hassle and caught the taxi. The taxi turned up quite quickly. He cut thorough the back roads before joining on main roads in Horsforth. I was quite happy about the taxi journey, it would be viable to get them instead of driving to the airport in the future.


Good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.