Wednesday 13 September 2017

God's Own Country

We watched God's Own Country in the Phoenix.  Sarah kept saying it is a LGBT movie, then I kept saying, it is a gay movie.  I wasn't particularly excited about the Yorkshire's Brokeback Mountain.


I pull myself to watch it anyway, as I describe this as my CPD.  We need to have some exposure to modern LGBT literature, culture and politics to keep up to date.


The movie was attempting to be cinematic.  The cultural details were good, but it may not be obvious to people who does not understand the British and/or British LGBT culture.


Then I remember, I had my CPD earlier when we were at the Leeds Pride Friday Film Fest.  As a full feature film, God's Own Country will be high on the CPD list, so it is good to get it over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.