Sunday 16 July 2017

Scottish GBMCC Grand Tour: Day 1 Denholm Hawick

This Spring was relatively dry, so I committed to the long motorcycle trip to Scotland.

I did the final washing and cleaning in the house and off I went, trying to catch the break between rain clouds.  Hawick was actually not too far.  It was only 160 miles away.  I broke up the journey by fuelling at Darlington.

It was a rainy day.  After Darlington, it came down a bit harder, and my bum started to fall asleep.  I took an unplanned break at the border, and had a coffee.

1DSCF8971

I arrived at Denholm by mid afternoon.  I went into Hawick to refuel, walked around Denholm and started reading Flying Under Bridges by Sandi Toksvig.

No one else turned up for another 2 hours, and we didn't get dinner till 8pm!  I had beef pie, as expected as part of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.