Thursday 20 July 2017

Scottish GBMCC Grand Tour: Day 5 Lochinver

1DSCF9026

Some of the guys went to Applecross.  I did want to go, but I have difficulty handling extremely steep slope with little Rome, so I passed.  We stopped at Shieldaig for a cup of coffee.  It was definitely not shielded...
1DSCF9034

This was meant for another short, 160 miles trip from Kintail to Lochinver, besides we took the coastal route to Ullapool instead.  It was the windest day in the trip, it was quite hairy when the gust was catching us out.  By the time we parked up at Ullapool, I was tired.  When I reversed to park the bike, little Rome tipped over, and I lowered her gently onto the ground, and John helped her up.
1DSCF9040

We had some fish and chips at Ullapool, I opted for fishcakes.  Their fishcake was very crunchy, quite fishy not too starchy.  Quite good.

The last bit was quite funny, the coastal route was very narrow, and the caravans were literally wiggling pass the twist and turns.  Funny.

I got my single room in Lochinver.  I picked up a key, and ran up.  As soon as I realised it was an attic room, I ran back down and swapped for a first floor room.  My window opens to the road, so I waved as they arrive.

1DSCF9044

We ate at Peet's the fish restaurant.  They were busy and they did not entertain about my enquiries about the seafood sources.  When we finally sat down, I opted for the seafood chowder as a safe choice.  When they turned up, it was nice, it was salty from the smoked haddock.  I could not find my langoustine!  When they started to turn up in other's chowders, I asked the manager about it, and she brought me a small dish full of langoustine!!  Bonus!  Fresh, sweet and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.