Monday 31 July 2017

UK PieFest Melton Mowbray 2017

We saw the advertisement to the UK PieFest, we waited till the last minute before deciding to go, so we missed out on the advance ticket price.

I know it will be full of pork pie, and I am not the biggest fan of hot water crust.  We went early, and nearly walk into the car boot sale next door.  We had a quick walk around, had a few samples, and left for the Melton Country Park for lunch.  

Melton Country Park

After lunch, we went back into the PieFest for the second helpings.  I was more awake and was hoovering up all the sample pies.  I now believe butchers' pies are inferior to the dedicated pie maker.

We were tasked to bring home pies.  Sarah wanted to bring one big pie, and I suggested to buy multiple small pies.  From all my sampling, I have also concluded the larger production pies would have better consistency.  We opted for Dunkleys.  They are pub pies.  So we essentially bought cash and carry pies.  They tasted very nice, and everyone enjoyed them.

I think the objective of the outing was met.  I learnt more about pie.  I reaffirmed my love for short crust.  I don't think I need to go to another pie show for a next few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.