Sunday 20 June 2021

Scottish GBMCC Grand Tour: Day 1 Moffat

As part of the preparation, I decided to put some new tyres on the bike.  There should be enough of back tyre for the trip, but the front tyre was worn unevenly, so let's change them both.

The lady at Bike Tyres Leeds recommended me the Pirelli Angels, which are also listed in the Triumph O&M.  I am traditionally a Continenal fan, and Steve is a Bridgestone fan for motorcycle tyres.  He heard about my Pirelli and scoffed at it.  The only way to find out was to try, so let's go for them.

I turned up at my scheduled slot, there was a queue of 3 or 4 bikes outside the shop, she said something about a stubborn tyre is delaying their normal process.  It was fine, as we did some shopping and had a cup of tea at home.

After we picked up the bike, we had some lunch then I loaded up and headed north.  You are supposed to take it easy for the first hundred miles, which was not a difficult task, as the first 170 miles were all main roads riding.  I stopped at Carlisle for fuel, so that I can have a glimpse at the castle.

We parked up at Moffat, walked around town, I had some freshly made ice-cream and sharing it with the town's ram.


After dinner, just when it started raining, I put the cover on Flint and went to bed.  It is always the case that I am the only person that bring a coat for the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.