Saturday 26 June 2021

Scottish GBMCC Grand Tour: Day 7 Balmoral and Braemar

Since Ballater is next to Balmoral, I decided to check it out.  And since the weather forecast was bad, I decided to take a bus.  I told everyone about my plan, but the people wasn't very keen.  Anyway, I did all the research and sorted out the bus time tables, booked my ticket and packed some lunch and went.

I went to Balmoral on the first bus, by the time am done with the audio tour, the grounds and the river  side walk, I went back to the cafe, and found three bikers at the cafe.  They came on their bikes.
I stopped for lunch and had some cullen skink.  Their cullen skink has fewer visible haddock bits, but tasted very nice.



After lunch, I set out for a walk up the hill on the Balmoral estates.  


I got quite lost, and when I got back to the grounds, I was rushing to catch the bus.  I bumped into the same bikers again, they were also just leaving.


Since my bus ticket cover the whole of Deeside, I took the bus onwards to Braemar.  Braemar is a small town, so after a quick walk onto their Highlands Grounds, I decided to talk up the hill!

On the way back, I walked passed a red squirrel feeding station, there were loads of red squirrels. After a long day and long walks, I had a long hot bath and called it a day.

As it turned out, another 3 bikers went to Balmoral, I should totally get a commission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.