Sunday 24 December 2023

Day 1 The Netherlands - Amsterdam

The forecast was dry, so I had to make the most out of it.

I got up relatively early.  I first walked towards city centre, I even walked past the red light district before noon.  I got some croquettes and got some extra food from Aldi and came back to the hostel.


I had a little rest then went back to town from another main streets, then I remember, there were "free" ferries.  So I walked to the pier and took different ferries back and forth, gave my legs a little rest. 

I also remember the homomomument.  So I paid a visit.

I walked back via Lidl, bough more food.  Then back to the hostel.  Both Aldi and Lidl were slow, compared with their counterpart in England and Germany.

I really wanted to go to the Christmas Market whilst dry, but I really cannot moved further...  So I settled in.

Distance travelled on foot, approximately 12 miles.

Dutch food:
Veal Croquette
Beef Croquette
Cheese Soufflé
Special Croquette, chicken and beef
Apples
Bread
Ham
Eierkoeken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.