Thursday 28 December 2023

Day 5 The Netherlands - The Hague

I borrowed a bicycle and went around The Hague.


I first went to the Hague market.  It is very similar to English markets.  The Dutch loves fried fish so much, the few fried fish market stalls were already busy before noon, but why can't they just state what fish they are?  Then I cycled to the organic market, which was very quiet with very few stalls, possibly due to Christmas time.


Then I cycled to the Peace Palace again, and popped into the visitor centre.  I cannot believe they charges for toilets, so I left.  I cycled to the International Criminal Court, they closed for the holiday, otherwise I could have went in for a tour.

Last of all, I cycled to the Mall of the Netherlands, which is a Westfields.  I had a walk around.  Their Haribo also doesn't sell normal fizzy cola anymore!

I cycled back, we spent the rest of the afternoon setting up a new game.  We went out for dinner and came home for a game.

Distance travelled on foot, approximately 3 miles.  Distance travelled on bike, approximately 15 miles.

Dutch food:
Dutch chocolate biscuit
Dutch hotdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.