Sunday 24 April 2016

USA Grand Tour 2016 - Day 15 Nashville

On the final day of our tour, we woke up early, perhaps due to excitement/stress of the departure.  We got away early to go to The Pancake Pantry, as advertised on the airline magazine.  We were there about 8am, and there was already a queue outside!!  We queued for 30 minutes before we got seated, and waited another 30 minutes for food.


Sarah had their buttermilk pancakes, and I had their hash brown.  We wondered why it would take them 30 minutes for their standard/basic pancakes, except they were exceptionally busy.  Sarah is not used to buttermilk pancakes, and does not understand the idea of butter with pancakes.  The hash brown was chunky and buttery.  They must have parboiled the potatoes, I will have to try them at home.


When we still have a little time left before having to go to the airport, so we swung by Percy Lake.  Their camping season has not started, otherwise we could have camped there.  I am not sure I could cope with being away from civilisation for so many days and having to drive to get supplies.


We checked in and went through security.  The Nashville security was much quicker.  And surprise surprise, Sarah got stopped again!  'Routine/random checks' is always on her, what a coincidence?


We boarded the plane into chaos, much unlike Southwest, a family has sat on the wrong seats and causing a big chaos.  Luckily the delay did not bother us, as we had 2 hours layover in IAD.  When we got into IAD, we were down to the last $10, and we were careful to what to spend on.  We decided on some coffee, donut from Dunkin and cookies from Au Bon Pain.  This time Sarah chose a 'traditional donut', and I finally had a try, I absolutely hated it.  Who said I could not tell what I don't like when I had never tried before!!  I wish I never had that small bite either.  I chose a simple chocolate cookie, which was more like a flattened brownie.  I wanted a which chocolate macadamia and I should have got it.


We were finally on the trans-Atlantic flight.  Sarah was still not impressed by the UA food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.